Informed consent is an important part of any doctor patient relationship. Now, more than ever, patients are becoming informed about their health, surgeon and operation by doing their own research. They are increasingly using the internet to do this. This is a great way to educate oneself. However not all websites offer accurate information and some even mislead patients. The following websites are suggested and adhere to excepted information.
You may find other sites when surfing the internet. A general rule of thumb is that sites that end in “.org” or “.gov” or “edu” are usually trustworthy and unbiased. Other trustworthy sites are those associated with well known institutions, medical schools or organizations. If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Enjoy your search.
All links will open in a new browser window.
Qualifications / Credentials Links
- American Board of Colorectal Surgery
- Definition of Board Certified Colorectal Surgeon
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- Definition of Board Certified General Surgeon
- American Board of Surgery
Hemorrhoid Procedure Links
- Infrared Coagulation of Hemorrhoids
- Doppler-guided Hemorrhoid Procedure, Transanal Hemorrhoid Dearterialization or THD and YouTube THD video
- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy or Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy, Procedure for Prolapse and Hemorrhoids or PPH™
- Procedure for prolapsed and hemorrhoids